Sunday, October 30, 2011

pallet planter

So back in this post I showed a hanging planter Julia and Jacob made from and old picture frame. I think every animal that came over peed/walked on that thing. Hopefully it's on the road to recovery and will hang proudly at Chris and Jules'. Meanwhile I looked for a similar project that would go with the boxes we picked out for the future plant wall. I didn't want to make another picture frame one because everything we are putting on this wall sticks away from the wall a lot and I thought it would look off to have one flate thing. I found this.

a problem I saw with this was that most pallets are a lot bigger than other things that would be going onto our wall. I thought it might look funny if there was one giant pallet and a bunch of smallish boxes. So I held out and low and behold Friday night I found this tiny (about 2.5' x 2') pallet behind the Beauty Supply Warehouse just a block away from our warehouse! So I cut some wood to make a back for it.



staple gunned some ballistic nylon around the back to hold over any cracks


smashed a bunch of soil into it and planted some succulants!




after some unrelated issues with stud-finding this weekend I will have to consult Al on hanging this. It's REALLY heavy. I like the one Julia made more I kinda wish I hadn't picked the same plants for each row but it's still cool looking!


1 comment:

  1. I love this simple pallet planter by Kelly Moore · Vertical planter upcycled from a pallet by messyhouse via Etsy. survival warehouse coupon

    ReplyDelete